Dive head first into plant-based cooking with our Vegan Chef Kit! In this box, you’ll find the necessities to bring a little more oomph to your cooking. Each Culinarie Kit includes ingredients from artisan producers across the United States. Box contents may vary by season. Enjoy!
Please note: your box will not contain all of the items below, it will contain at least seven of the following ingredients. Ingredients change seasonally and based on availability from producers, but we leave out-of-season ingredients on this list for past Culinarie cooks to reference!
Gravenstein Apple Cider Vinegar
Sparrow Lane Artisan Vinegars is based in California, distilling the most delicious acidic concoctions. Apple Cider Vinegar is a well known staple in tons of recipes, and Sparrow Lane’s Gravenstein apple version knocks the kitchen staple so far out of the park, you’ll be in a new league.
Gravenstein Apple Cider Vinegar Tips
- This ACV is brighter and far more flavorful than your boring store brand. Use it in cold salad dressings to really latch on to the flavor of the apples.
- Skip the lemon juice in your next soup — try a teaspoon of Gravenstein Apple Cider Vinegar as your acid component instead.
Gravenstein Apple Cider Vinegar Recipe Ideas
Vinaigrettes Made Simple [Culinarie Kit]
Chickpea Waldorf Salad [The Kitchn]
Plantain Buddha Bowl [Kitchen Confidante]
Apple Sauce [Serious Eats]
Smoky Potato, Corn & White Bean Stew [Umami Girl]
Sparrow Lane Culinarie Spotlight
We love Sparrow Lane so much here at Culinarie Kit, that we decided to ask Chef Jesse a few questions. Read our interview with Sparrow Lane’s head honcho Jesse Layman!
Bourbon Barrel Aged Worcestershire Sauce
Bourbon Barrel Foods is authentic–from Kentucky, where the best bourbon is born. Folks will often argue about the pronunciation of Worcestershire, but no one can argue that Bourbon Barrel Foods’ is clearly one of the best on the market. Bright, tart, and salty, this Worcestershire sauce is perfect in a brine or marinade.
Vegan Worcestershire Sauce Tips
- Use a few dashes in a brine when preparing eggplant, tofu or mushrooms for a deep umami flavor
- Add to any marinade or dressing for a bold taste with a bit of acid and salt
- Add to your bloody mary mix to make the world’s best brunch cocktail
Vegan Worcestershire Sauce Recipe Ideas
Sweet & Spicy Chex Mix [Bon Appétit]
Basic Sweet & Tangy BBQ Sauce [The Kitchn]
Quinoa Chickpea Caesar Salad [The Full Helping]
Sweet and Sour Cauliflower [The Veg Life]
The Ultimate Mock “Tuna” Salad [An Edible Mosaic]
Vegetarian Sloppy Joes [Macheesmo]
Rally Fries Seasoning Blend
This little gem from Two Snooty Chefs was the star in our Garlic Kit for two years! But alas, we mixed things up recently and it got knocked out of the lineup. Luckily we were able to bring it back for the Vegan Chef Kit and you get to experience its power.
Rally Fries Seasoning Tips
- A pinch or two of this garlicky seasoning blend will bring just about any recipe to life, even if it’s just pasta and olive oil.
- This stuff is mind-blowingly good on sweet potato fries.
- Adventurous? Try simmering a teaspoon of this in your aquafaba before whipping it into mayonnaise for a tasty vegan aioli!
Kala Namak is otherwise known as Indian black salt. No, not the crunch charcoal-infused crystals from Hawaii. This salt is actually a light pink in color! You’ll probably smell it before you even open the package, too–it’s not the most pleasant aroma. It smells and tastes like eggs, though, and it’s a stellar tool in vegan cooking and baking. Don’t worry–that smell cooks out.
Kala Namak Tips
- Add a pinch of Kala Namak to your egg replacer while baking, whether it’s aquafaba, flax, or even banana. It will contribute a that “eggy” flavor to the final product. Remember to adjust other salt in your recipe accordingly.
- Use in a tofu scramble with yellow curry powder or turmeric for a more realistic vegan scrambled egg.
- Make the perfect vegan egg wash with a combo of aquafaba and kala namak!
Kala Namak Recipe Ideas
Super Eggy Vegan Tofu Scramble [Loving It Vegan]
Can’t Tell the Difference Quiche [One Green Planet]
Vegetable Pakoras with Mango Chutney [Elephantastic Vegan]
Lemon Paprika Tofu Steaks [One Green Planet]
Smoked Olive Oil
Holy Smoke Olive Oil is the brainchild of two former restaurant coworkers. Their cold smoking process preserves the integrity of extra virgin olive oil while adding a bold smoky flavor and a peppery finish. As their motto says, “It’s like liquid bacon that’s good for you!” …we’d like to add that it’s good for the environment and the animals, too!
Smoked Olive Oil Tips
- Use as a finishing oil by drizzling on grilled proteins or roasted veggies.
- Use in place of regular olive oil when making aioli for a special smoky spread.
- Add a few dashes to hummus, babaganoush or other dips to create more layers of flavor.
Vegan Smoked Olive Oil Recipe Ideas
Vegan Olive Oil Cake with Lemon [My Darling Vegan]
Linguine with Vegan Olive Pesto [Holy Cow! Vegan]
Garlic, Olive Oil & Herb Spaghetti [Vegetarian Gastronomy]
Chili Olive Oil [One Green Planet]
Kale & Olive Oil Vegan Mashed Potatoes [Love & Lemons]
Vegan Scampi in Lemon Wine Sauce [The Vegan 8]
The name might have you nervous, but don’t worry — this amazing, salty seasoning is 100% vegan! Jada Spices hails from Australia so it’s a rare departure from U.S.-based artisans for us, but this stuff is worth it. It’s an all purpose seasoning that really goes above and beyond for vegan cooking.
Chicken Salt Tips
- Skip the bouillon and add this chicken salt to a fresh vegetable stock for an incredible vegan noodle soup–or virtually any recipe that calls for stock!
- Making seitan? Work some of this chicken salt into the dough for a real “tastes like chicken” experience.
- Food feeling a little bland? You can use Chicken Salt as a regular old table seasoning anywhere you’d use salt!
We love Allspice Culinarium so much that they have something in each of our boxes, and our introduction to them was this Umami Dust! It can be a rich, flavorful base to a dish or robust finishing touch–it’s that versatile.
- Use as the starter for a hearty gravy by mixing equal parts flour, Umami Dust, and vegan butter. You’ll fool any onmnivore with how flavorful the end result is!
- Umami Dust works particularly well with lentils and shines in a stew.
- Combine with chili powder and smoked paprika for a powerful “meaty” rub — fantastic on grilled eggplant!
Leaf Beef Seasoning Blend
Culinarie Kit seasoning blends are created by our own Chef Ellie. Leaf Beef is a miso- and cumin-based cruelty free flavor enhancer with hints of mustard and rosemary.
Leaf Beef Tips
- Add a pinch to any mushroom recipe to enhance the mushrooms’ flavor and add a nice complexity.
- Use in a stir fry to add an “oomph” to anything in your wok.
- Use in a rice or quinoa pilaf for an intriguing side dish.
Don’t toss that cloth that your ingredients came wrapped in! It’s flour sack towel and every kitchen needs one…or twenty. They’re huge, they’re absorbent, and they’ve been used in professional and home kitchens for ages because they’re so versatile. You can use this towel to clean, or use it to cover dough while it rests. You can even use it as a substitute for cheesecloth in a pinch–it’s great for wringing moisture out of vegetables. Best of all, they’re durable and can be washed by hand or in a machine.
All Culinarie Kit packaging is 100% recycled or reused from our vendor shipments! Please continue the trend and reuse or recycle your Culinarie Kit box to help preserve the planet.