Celebrate our Earth’s culinary bounty with this Terra Kit! These ingredients highlight earthy and botanical flavors, perfect for adding richness to comfort foods or complexity to traditional dishes. Use this kit to explore international flavors right in your own kitchen, with tasting inspirations from all around the globe. Use #culinariekit to share your creations with us, or join our Facebook group to show us what you’ve cooked up!
Some ingredients are subject to change based on seasonal availability.
Hawaiian Black Lava Sea Salt
This salt is a finishing salt. It works best as the last delicate touch on a dish, in both flavor and color. It works particularly well in seafood dishes, so think of oceanic flavors when you’re deciding where to use it.
Hawaiian Black Lava Sea Salt Tips
- Black Sea Salt makes a beautiful and tasty garnish to sushi rice.
- Use as a finishing salt on grilled pineapple for a unique look and sweet & salty taste.
- Add a few grains to a margarita for a refreshing saltiness and interesting presentation.
Bourbon Smoked Cacao Nibs
Cacao nibs are nothing more than roasted cacao beans crushed into smaller pieces. They’re a wonderful way to get a natural chocolatey flavor without overwhelming sweetness, while the subtle flavors of bourbon and smoke add a new depth.
Bourbon Smoked Cacao Nibs Tips
- Add cacao nibs to a smoothie or milkshake for a tasty and textural crunch.
- Grind into a fine powder with a coffee or spice grinder and add to baked goods.
- Add these little bits to homemade trail mix for a healthier chocolate component.
Bourbon Smoked Cacao Nibs Recipes
Chocolate Mousse [Bourbon Barrel Foods]
Chocolate Dipped Pecan Sandies [Bourbon Barrel Foods]
Paella is probably the most famous (and delicious) Spanish dish. It’s traditionally made with various types of seafood and saffron-kissed rice and served in the same cast iron pan where it was cooked, family style. This seasoning blend can help you achieve those flavors with a lot less effort, and whatever ingredients you choose!
Paella Seasoning Tips
- It’s not just for rice! Stir some into the water before you make quinoa, bulgur, couscous, farro, or any other grain.
- Not into seafood? That’s fine. Use any other protein or vegetable and you can still make a delicious paella. It’s really all about the rice and a well seasoned pan.
Kampot + Salt Blend
This salt-and-pepper blend from Curio Spice Co. is an almost-all purpose seasoning with complimentary notes of tarragon, citrus, and ginger. Kampot is a peppercorn that hails from Cambodia and was nearly wiped out at one point in history. It has a unique flavor that certainly sets it apart from your standard black pepper.
Kampot + Salt Blend Tips
- This Kampot + Salt blend is ideal for flaky fish baked in the oven.
- Press tofu and season with Kampot + Salt for a cold snack or salad topping.
- Use with SoLA Deli’s hibiscus + sage olive oil to roast carrots for a truly unique and colorful side dish.
Kampot + Salt Blend Recipes
Kampot + Salt Quick Pickles [Curio Spice Co.]
Harissa Spice Rub
cHarissa brings an authentic, complex harissa flavor profile to your dishes with ease. Delicious and lightly spicy, this spice blend works great in full dishes like stir fries, but also rubbed into proteins and vegetables.
Harissa Spice Rub Tips
- Use a dash to kick up a squash soup like pumpkin or butternut, the spice will ignite fall flavors.
- Combine with tomato paste and Tree Juice maple syrup for a mind-blowing meatloaf or lentil loaf glaze.
- Mix with full fat coconut milk for a speedy and delicious stir fry sauce.
Harissa Spice Rub Recipes
Harissa Sauteed Mushrooms [cHarissa]
Harissa Avocado Toast [cHarissa]
Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup
If you’re not from the Midwest or the East coast, chances are you’ve spent a lifetime pouring imitation maple syrup on your pancakes. This is no such syrup! The maple connoisseurs at Tree Juice make their delicious craft syrups in New York. Their bourbon barrel aged has a woody, whiskey-tinged taste that isn’t overpowering. Don’t waste this enchanting amber sauce on simple pancakes–taste it, bake with it, and let it bring your sweets to life.
Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup Tips
- Use in place of sugar in any recipe for an earthier, richer result.
- Add a dash to a homemade balsamic vinaigrette for a salad dressing that will actually make you crave salads.
- Make four-ingredient candied nuts: real maple syrup, vegetable oil, sea salt, and your favorite nut (we like pecans).
Bourbon Barrel Aged Maple Syrup Recipes
Cast Iron Chipotle Maple Cornbread [Culinarie Kit]
Maple Bacon Roasted Pumpkin Seeds [Food Network]
Sweet Breakfast Quinoa [Food & Wine]
Entube takes the guesswork out of some very complicated flavor profiles! Their harissa, curry, and mole paste come sealed in a convenient tube for adding to recipes. Mole is the signature spicy chocolate flavor of central and southern Mexican dishes, and our personal favorite of their line.
- Try a dab in refried black beans to add some character.
- Use in a chili to add sweetness and heat, and that little “something extra” that will have your friends asking for your recipe.
- Rub it into some pressed tofu before baking for a spicy and flavorful meat substitute.
Tisthe Seasoning Blend
Just in time for fall comes Chef Ellie’s Tisthe Seasoning. Nutty, earthy, and reminiscent of the holidays before your drunk uncle ruined them. Use this spice blend and your selective memory to enjoy holiday nostalgia by adding it to sweet loaves, cookies, chili, buttered toast, or your morning coffee.
Tisthe Seasoning Blend Tips
- Use it anywhere you would use cinnamon for a more complex, warming flavor.
- There’s a teensy tiny bit of heat to this seasoning, thanks to the inclusion of crushed Aleppo chiles. It’s not enough to scare the kids away, but it’ll perk up your dessert just a hair.
- While this seasoning blend has a sweeter profile, there is zero sugar in it–don’t be afraid to try it in savory dishes!
Don’t toss that cloth that your ingredients came wrapped in! It’s flour sack towel and every kitchen needs one…or twenty. They’re huge, they’re absorbent, and they’ve been used in professional and home kitchens for ages because they’re so versatile. You can use this towel to clean, or use it to cover dough while it rests. You can even use it as a substitute for cheesecloth in a pinch–it’s great for wringing moisture out of vegetables. Best of all, they’re durable and can be washed by hand or in a machine.
All Culinarie Kit packaging is 100% recycled or reused from our vendors’ shipments! Please continue the trend and reuse or recycle your Culinarie Kit box to help save the planet.