Dive head first into cooking with our Gourmand Kit! In this box, you’ll find the necessities to bring a little more oomph to your cooking. Each Culinarie Kit includes ingredients from artisan producers across the United States and a few toys and trinkets to help you around the kitchen. Box contents may vary by season. Enjoy!
Sparrow Lane Artisan Vinegars is based in California, distilling the most delicious acidic concoctions. Balsamic vinegar is a staple in many dishes, but Sparrow Lane brings the classics to new heights with this Dark Balsamic and California Golden Balsamic Vinegar Duo.
Balsamic Vinegar Tips
- The dark balsamic is rich and indulgent, perfect for marinades and reductions
- The California golden balsamic is sweet and subtle, ideal for dressings or adding a hint of acid to soups and stews
Balsamic Vinegar Recipes
Vinaigrettes Made Simple [Culinarie Kit]
Balsamic Vanilla Breakfast Salmon & Eggs [Culinarie Kit]
Spinach Salad [Sparrow Lane]
Pear Quinoa Salad with Maple Vinaigrette [Sparrow Lane]
Pesto Stuffed Mushrooms [Sparrow Lane]
We love Sparrow Lane so much here at Culinarie Kit, that we decided to ask Chef Jesse a few questions. Read our interview with Sparrow Lane’s head honcho Jesse Layman!
Black Truffle Sea Salt adds meaty and earthy flavors to anything it touches. Black truffles are rare and only grow in very specific conditions, so they’re quite expensive and hard to come by. Fortunately, their flavor is ridiculously potent–a little goes a long way.
Black Truffle Sea Salt Tips
- Use this salt as your secret seasoning weapon in a cream sauce, cheesy casserole, or on steak–just a dash will make your guests ask, “What’s that flavor?”
- The truffles in this salt can make it seem, well, saltier. Use sparingly and always taste test!
Black Truffle Sea Salt Recipes
SoLA Deli hails from South Louisiana, where they use local growers and farms to create their unique oils and herb blends. This kit includes Rosemary & Savory Infused Olive Oil or Oregano & Thyme Infused Olive Oil. These tasty gourmet olive oils are dominated by their herby accents.
Infused Olive Oil Tips
- The flavor is more subdued than the scent, so these oils are best used to “finish” dishes at the end
- Add a few drops over fresh, warm hummus or babaganoush
- Toss with fresh spicy greens like arugula and add a squeeze of lemon for a simple, refreshing salad
- Drizzle over freshly baked bread for a light herb flavor
Infused Olive Oil Recipes
Stubb’s is famous in the barbecue world, having made their name in Austin, Texas. This Mesquite Liquid Smoke or Hickory Liquid Smoke is by far some of the best on the market. Any dish that needs a bolder flavor will thank you for keeping this liquid gold on hand, even though it’s more of a dark amber color.
Liquid Smoke Tips
- Use liquid smoke in chilis and stews to add a real smokehouse flavor without all the messy smoke
- Enrich meats without firing up the grill by adding a few dashes of liquid smoke to your favorite marinade
- It’s unbeatable for vegetarian proteins like tofu–helpful tip, press the tofu before drizzling with liquid smoke!
Liquid Smoke Recipes
Spring Roll Salad with Sesame Peanut Dressing [Culinarie Kit]
More liquid smoke recipes coming soon
Two Snooty Chefs is a gourmet spice and seasoning company from Washington. Our very own Chef Ellie discovered their spices in a boutique shop in Culpeper, VA and fell in love with their Oaxaca Molé blend. This Herbs de Poulet blend is chock full of flavor specifically designed for creating fragrant poultry dishes, but it can become so much more.
Herbs de Poulet Tips
- Add liberally to pasta with a splash of cream and white wine
- Use a sprinkle on flaky white fish to bring an herbaceous aroma without taking away from the flavor of the seafood itself
- Stir a pinch into smashed red potatoes with butter for a rich and savory side dish
Herbs de Poulet Recipes
Artichoke Dip [Two Snooty Chefs]
Herbed Chicken Salad [Two Snooty Chefs]
Chicken Oo-La-La with Golden Raisin Coleslaw [Two Snooty Chefs]
Smelly’s Brunch seasoning blends are created by Culinarie’s own Executive Chef Ellie (aka “Smelly”). The Infinity Seasoning Blend is modeled after a classic “everything” bagel with a gourmet touch. The spices, seeds, and aromatics in this blend add complexity to its base of Applewood-smoked sea salt.
Infinity Seasoning Blend Tips
- A pinch of Infinity will liven up boring mayonnaise-based salads like coleslaw, tuna or chicken salad
- Add to a grain dish like couscous or a rice pilaf with a touch of olive oil for a fluffy and interesting side dish (like SoLADeli’s infused olive oil included in this kit)
- Work 1 tbsp Infinity into 1/4 cup softened butter for a luxurious and complex compound butter
Infinity Seasoning Blend Recipes
Breadless Infinity Tuna Melt [Culinarie Kit]
Infinity Brussels Sprout Slaw [Culinarie Kit]
3 Flavored Deviled Egg Recipes [Culinarie Kit]
Lox & Cream Cheese Wontons with Hollandaise Sauce [Culinarie Kit]
It’s not a pet rock, it’s Chef Soap: magic made of stainless steel. Rinse your hands with water and rub this little treasure to rid your skin of lingering smells from particularly aromatic food. Nobody wants to smell like garlic all day! Okay, well, we might…
It’s also not a pet rock, it’s a pet duck! This cute little Chef Rubber Duckie will keep you company in the kitchen. He (or she, perhaps) doesn’t serve much purpose, but he certainly is cute.
Don’t toss that cloth that your ingredients came wrapped in! It’s flour sack towel and every kitchen needs one…or twenty. They’re huge, they’re absorbent, and they’ve been used in professional and home kitchens for ages because they’re so versatile. You can use this towel to clean, or use it to cover dough while it rests. You can even use it as a substitute for cheesecloth in a pinch–it’s great for wringing moisture out of vegetables. Best of all, they’re durable and can be washed by hand or in a machine.
All Culinarie Kit packaging is 100% recycled or reused from our vendor shipments! Please continue the trend and reuse or recycle your Culinarie Kit box to help save the planet.