Everyone loves the rich, smoky flavors of cooking over an open flame, no matter the season! The ingredients in your Campfire Kit were hand-picked to enhance your outdoor cooking experience and remind you of summery flavors in your kitchen even when you can’t fire up the grill. Use #culinariekit to share your creations with us, or join our Facebook group to show us what you’ve cooked up!
Some ingredients are subject to change based on seasonal availability.
Smoked Olive Oil
Holy Smoke Olive Oil is the brainchild of two former restaurant coworkers. Their cold smoking process preserves the integrity of extra virgin olive oil while adding a bold smoky flavor and a peppery finish. As their motto says, “It’s like liquid bacon that’s good for you!”
Smoked Olive Oil Tips
- Use as a finishing oil by drizzling on grilled steak or roasted veggies.
- Use in place of regular olive oil when making aioli for a special smoky spread.
- Add a few dashes to hummus, babaganoush or other dips to create more layers of flavor.
Wildfyre Smoked Sea Salt
Wildfyre Smoked Sea Salt can be used as a finishing salt, but also makes a great all-purpose seasoning. We definitely suggest that you taste this salt on its own before cooking with it–it’s a poweful flavor!
Cherrywood Smoked Sea Salt Tips
- Smoked salt is most potent as an afterthought. Garnish protein dishes just before serving to make the flavor really pop.
- If you’re looking for a hint of rich smokiness in a lighter dish, dissolve some of this salt into balsamic vinegar before using it as a marinade or dressing.
- Use in place of an all-purpose seasoning for veggies & proteins that have a strong flavor. It will add just the right touch of seasoning while letting the taste of your baby broccoli, sweet corn, or lentils shine through.
Bourbon Barrel Aged Worcestershire Sauce
Bourbon Barrel Foods is authentic–from Kentucky, where the best bourbon is born. Folks will often argue about the pronunciation of Worcestershire, but no one can argue that Bourbon Barrel Foods’ is clearly one of the best on the market. Bright, tart, and salty, this Worcestershire sauce is perfect in a brine or marinade.
Worcestershire Sauce Tips
- Use a few dashes in a brine to add more flavor to meat before smoking
- For the vegetarians: use in tofu or mushroom marinades for a meatier flavor (yes, this is a vegan Worcestershire sauce!)
- Add to your bloody mary mix to make the world’s best brunch cocktail
This high quality mustard is blended with chipotle chiles and other spices to add a smokey and delicious acid component to a sandwich, dressing, potato salad, or anywhere else you would use regular old mustard.
Chipotle Mustard Tips
- Mustard is a fantastic emuslifier. Whether you’re making a salad dressing, hollandaise, or any other emulsified sauce, a little dash of this spicy mustard goes a long way to stabilize your sauce and add some heat.
Black Bear Seasoning Blend
Green Point Trading Company was founded in 2011 by a culinary couple and is based out of Brooklyn, NY. All of their spice and seasoning blends are preservative and additive free! Black Bear is their quintessential camping spice. This little jar will build flavor on anything cooked over an open flame, whether it’s beans, meat, or veggie skewers.
Black Bear Seasoning Blend Tips
- Camping with a can of beans? Stir in a few dashes of Black Bear to add some much-needed flavor complexity.
- If you fancy yourself a fisherman (or fisherwoman), this spice blend makes an excellent lake fish rub.
- Sprinkle generously into tinfoil veggie packets and toss on the edge of a campfire for a rare nutritious treat while camping.
Fiesta Seasoning Blend
H&K Gourmet only has a handful of products in their line, which is something we at Culinarie Kit love to see! It means they do what they do very, very well. This Fiesta Seasoning Blend is like a punch to the palate with bright, citrusy notes and a hint of sweetness. It makes a fantastic rub for proteins and is a great addition to any Latin style dishes.
Fiesta Seasoning Blend Tips
- Pack a skewer with veggies and protein, then sprinkle Fiesta seasoning over it just before throwing it on the grill.
- Mix into a fresh egg mayo for a unique and complex sandwich spread.
- Add a tablespoon to a summery vegetable stew for a brighter flavor.
Heckdust Seasoning Blend
Smelly’s Brunch seasoning blends are created by Culinarie’s own Executive Chef Ellie (aka “Smelly”). The Heckdust Seasoning Blend is her spicy masterpiece, mixing ancho and aleppo chiles with smoked paprika and toasted onion. It’s got just enough heat to make you notice (hot as heck, not hot as hell!) with savory notes that will amp up the blandest dish.
Heckdust Seasoning Blend Tips
- Add a dash to a batch of chili for a more interesting heat than your classic cayenne pepper.
- A light sprinkle will take a pair of overeasy eggs to the next level.
- Toss with roasted brussel sprouts or kale for a healthy and delicious snack.
Sometimes the simplest tool is the one we don’t have on hand when we need it. This silicone basting brush is great for keeping your meats moist and your veggies buttery.
Don’t toss that cloth that your ingredients came wrapped in! It’s flour sack towel and every kitchen needs one…or twenty. They’re huge, they’re absorbent, and they’ve been used in professional and home kitchens for ages because they’re so versatile. You can use this towel to clean, or use it to cover dough while it rests. You can even use it as a substitute for cheesecloth in a pinch–it’s great for wringing moisture out of vegetables. Best of all, they’re durable and can be washed by hand or in a machine.
All Culinarie Kit packaging is 100% recycled or reused from our vendors’ shipments! Please continue the trend and reuse or recycle your Culinarie Kit box to help save the planet.