Who doesn’t love tacos? This hipster-style twist on a classic chorizo taco adds flavor, texture, and tons of nutrients from the veggies. Bonus: it’s easy as hell to prepare. One pan and some tortillas in the oven–boom, dinner.
- 8 oz chorizo (I used Cacique soy chorizo for this particular recipe)
- 1 whole sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1″ cubes
- 1 cup brussels sprouts, quartered
- 1 Vidalia or sweet yellow onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tbsp Heckdust OR 1 tbsp smoked paprika + 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 8-10 corn tortillas
- Preheat your oven to 200°F.
- In a cast iron pan or heavy skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium-high. Add chorizo, sweet potato, brussels sprouts, and onion and sauté until everything is browning on the edges. Brussels may blacken; this is normal. Add seasonings and reduce heat to low. Hold hot.
- Arrange tortillas in a single layer on an unlined baking sheet. Place in oven for 5-8 minutes, or until tortillas have softened and warmed. Add to a plate and spoon in chorizo and veggie mixture.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves and your favorite salsa.